Thursday, February 21, 2013

(W)REC(K) A BOOK: Captured and Renegade

Arianna "Aria" is the daughter of the rebellion's leader against the vampires. All her life, she's known nothing but starvation, fear and a need to rid the world once and for all of the monsters. However, after saving a child from a vampire raid, she herself gets captured, and is taken to the enemy's kingdom, where she and the others are to be either sold off or bled dry. Her childhood friend, Max, is also captured and becomes a blood slave to a beautifully cruel woman, and Aria is taken by a man. But before she can be herded off the stage, another voice rises, and the crowd parts.

It is Prince Braith, firstborn of the vampire king, and he demands that he be the one to have her. Aria feels as if her life has just gotten worse as she is now the blood slave to Braith, and she can only imagine the things he'd do to her if he ever found out about her identity, but at the same time, she can't help but feel protected and safe when he's around.

And as he prolongs her fate despite being the son of the man who ended mankind's reign in the world, she can't help but slowly fall in love with him as the things she was taught to believe are questioned, and a love she never knew before makes her question herself.


...WARNING- SPOILERS...
...Definitely some Swearing...

Hahahaha okay so I had no idea he was blind until Aria found out. What the hell??? LOL I was either too into it or completely dense. I mean, when he said he'd been in the dark until he'd seen her for the first time, I thought he was being sentimental! I had no idea he'd literally meant that she'd been the first person he'd seen in a long time!


*SIGH*

Soooo I finished the first book at 1 this morning, after having picked it back up around 8/9pm. Andddddddddd I'm pretty sure I looked like this in the end:

Except I was in bed curled up with fucking tissues EVERYWHERE. But UGGHHHH I was so fucking disappointed!!! And SAD! And Depressssedddd!!!
*Yet you gave it five stars*
Of course I gave it five fucking stars, it was awesome! So she falls in love with him, and they're together! And it's so beautiful and great and forbidden and just- adfsh! And then fucking Jack (UGHH the ONLY character named Jack that I LOATHE) has to come and tell her to leave.


And she's like, "No! I love him! I'm staying in this nest-pit of vampires!"
And then he's like, "He's engaged!"
.
.
.
.



NO
YOU'RE LYING


OH GOD...
DYING INSIDE.. HURTS..
SO..
MUCH....


So since I can't describe how I felt, I'm using pics, since they all equivalate to a thousand words.
Basic recap while reading it:


What the fuck, Braith, what the fuck?!?!?! You're engaged?!?! Ohmygod how could you do that?

Okay, Jack has to be lying. Yeah, that's it. He needs to get her away, so he's lying to her. That's it.


THEN I go into the second book and:


Yes, it's all been a lie. He doesn't have a fiance, Jack lied after all!


Then:

Wait, why is there a tailor moving around you? Why are you having a suit made ready for you? Braith? BRAITH?!?! WHAT?!?! You're engaged?!??!!??!
.
.
.
"HAHAHAHAHA- diemotherfucker-"

Oh, I'm sorry, what? You haaaate her? It's an arranged marriage? OH! Okay! ^_^ I can read on.


...Temporary Pause of Swearing and Spoiling...

So a month has passed since Aria left and she is depressed. She loved him, and he broke her heart. While she's dying inside, Braith is going through blood slaves like a manwhore goes through condoms and is- ughh reminds me of Autumn Storm -having sex with them....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

LA DI DA he finds her and they make out and she realizes he doesn't have another lover and they get back together-


-Swearing BACK In Session!!!-


UUGHHHH!!! God-DAMN-you-you-you-you mother- UGH!! What the fuck is wrong with you??!!? Why are you having sex with them???? How DARE you think of her as the shrewd bitch who betrayed you when- when-
.
.
.
.
.
So I understand that he thought she'd betrayed him, and vice versa, but DAYEEMMMM does it have to be so heartbreaking?????


I feel like this elephant right now. I'm so tired from crying, but the second book went by pretty fast for me, mostly because they go from making up to running away together. He abandons his role as heir and she leaves Jack and her faily to go with Braith. They go to his brother-in-law's "prison", where from there they find out that his youngest sister (not the sister the prisoner is married to, as his wife is a majorly cruel BITCH) is a part of the rebellion, and then of course Jack and Aria's family also show up, it's a messed up reunion, and  then everyone tells them what really happened and how the war actually started. And howww does it enddd??? Let me tell you.

Jack (AGAIN) tells him that he cannot give up his position as heir, because if he does, their brother Caleb will take over, and it will be a bloodbath, as Caleb is even more sadistic than their sick father. So how does that make Aria feel? Like she's possibly losing him all over again because he needs to be a leader and can't have a public relationship with a human if he wants his people to follow him and- and- ughhh this just better not end like Caitlin Brennan's White Magic series, cause I will seriously CUT A BITCH. If he ends up having to sire an heir off his (better be ex)-fiance and still tries to be with her while they're on opposite sides trying to end the war, I swear I will go crazy and neverrrrr finish the series. I'll write my own damn ending and convince myself that they all have a happy not-fucked-up ending.

...End of Spoiler and Other...

Do I recommend these two books? Why yes, I do. I gave them both five stars!

Do I recommend them to people like Allycat who would sooner stab me in both eyes and rip my tongue out for making her read something that makes her cry in the first book and leaves her unsatisfied in the second? Uh... let me get back to you on that when I've finished the whole series.

And on that happy note, Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment