Sunday, July 14, 2013

(W)REC(K) A BOOK: Gerard's Beauty


Oh, another poor sob I want to just wrap in my arms!
T_T
Gerard's completely different from my Hatter.
Wait, my Hatter? I mean the Hatter.
The Hatter...
Moving on!
So this bad boy is from Beauty and the Beast, and man is his story totally different from what
Disney told me as a child.
He gets caught with his pants around his ankles-
with Cinderella and Prince Charming's daughter!
-and is sent to Missouri where his book-worm-nerd soulmate, Betty, is. I couldn't understand what this thing with Belle was until around halfway into the book.
He can't read, and Belle purposefully made him feel inferior. :(
But that's okay, it's not his fault that he was born in a time when reading was seen as vain and lazy... I mean if anything, he's like one of the feminist's wet dream with all his amazing cooking and kinda being like a housewife (whether he knows it or not) while Betty's out working at the library...
And Betty's adorable nephew with down syndrome gets him to learn how to read right along with him, completely (and secretly) melting Gerard's heart and mine.
<3 I love that boy.
And don't get the wrong idea about that thing with Cinderella's daughter.
He didn't know it was her.
He has some morals...

No comments:

Post a Comment