Wednesday, September 4, 2013

(W)REC(K) A BOOK: Deadly Sting

Red is definitely my color. Good thing, because in my line of work, I end up wearing it a lot.

Most people shy away from blood, but for an assassin like me - Gin Blanco, aka the Spider - it's just part of the job. Still, it would be nice to get a night off, especially when I'm attending the biggest gala event of the summer at Briartop, Ashland's fanciest art museum. But it's just not meant to be. For this exhibition of my late nemesis's priceless possessions is not only the place to be seen, but the place to be robbed and taken hostage at gunpoint as well. No sooner did I get my champagne than a bunch of the unluckiest thieves ever burst into the museum and started looting the place.

Unlucky why?
Because I brought along a couple of knives in addition to my killer dress.

Add these to my Ice and Stone magic, and nothing makes me happier than showing the bad guys why red really is my color.

- Goodreads


I read this a while ago, but I guess I didn't make a review for it!

Gin (like the drink) Blanco is having a shitty time not being with her guy. Ever since she killed his psycho ex, Owen's been asking for time. *rolls eyes*. Poor Gin, the psycho was going to kill them all! But he still had an ounce of hope for the bitch- and in my opinion, if he can't suck it the fuck up, then he doesn't deserve Gin. He's punishing her for choosing herself and the others over a psycho who was already at the end of her path of self-destruction. But anywaysss.....

There's an auction for Mab's things, Gin's dead nemesis, and everyone who's everyone will be there. Her brother Finn gets her to go just for the sake of getting out, but then she sees Owen. With a date. Wearing the same fucking dress as her! She goes to the bathroom and Owen's date gets killed by a troll, who'd mistaken her for Gin. From there she realizes that the trolls/giants bodyguards have turned their backs on the rich and are revolting- starting with all of Mab's pretty things.

All in all, Gin saves the day. Owen eventually gets involved, but he still acts weird sometimes. It makes me frustrated. T_T Then when she has to meet the bad guys alone? He's worried for his sister who was kidnapped by them and not sure if he wants to be worried about Gin and then it's- adhfaodhgafdkhgkdfhsf.

... And now I see why I didn't rush to make this review. Not many things happen, it's just a stick-up and the idiots having horrible luck because one of their hostages is The Spider. If anything, I think this is like an outlet for Gin. We get to see her be such a badass and show everyone that no one will keep her down. Not even Owen.

This isn't something too important, it's more of a filler. It was a good filler, though. :) I really enjoyed her kickass moments.

Happy Reading. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment