Sunday, November 3, 2013

(WRECK) A SET: Billionaire Bad Boys of Romance

Billionaire Bad Boys of Romance Review!

Love your book boyfriends filthy rich, devastatingly beautiful & irresistibly bad?

From betrayals and obsessions to secrets and seductions, this exclusive billionaire romance boxed set will possess you and leave you panting for more. Featuring stories from some of today's most popular New York Times, USA Today, Amazon, and Barnes and Noble bestselling authors, including Tawny Taylor, Ava Lore, Selena Kitt, Terry Towers and Anna Antonia.

Grab this sizzling collection before it's too late. Ten scorching billionaire romances, OVER 335,000 total words for ONLY 99 cents! LIMITED TIME ONLY! (REGULAR PRICE: $9.99)
- Goodreads






The Billionaire's Muse by Ava Lore:
When struggling artist Sadie MacElroy attempts to pay back eccentric billionaire Malcolm Ward for a broken vase, Malcolm decides he wants her: in front of his camera, under his brush, and in his bed.





Review:

Not bad! I've never read her work before, and the intro was hilariously fresh. Definitely some new-generation stuff going on. The thought of a crazy billionaire had its appeal, and then it changed to him only pretending, which was just as cool, but then... he wanted to commit suicide. Because his best friend/brother-from-another-mother betrayed him. I... didn't like that so much.

He tried to not be such an inconvenience for the world and so decided that removing himself from the picture would be the best option. He sounds too much like the version of me that I don't care for. :P Can't move on when I'm reading about people like me! But anyways, the sex is hot. They're both kind of crazy, lol. It was a little slow paced for me, and I like my billionaires in control, yet it was a nice experience to read about a billionaire who's not like that.

I liked the action and suspense around Malcolm's tumultrous situation. Very interesting perspective. Their artist outlook on life and craziness won me over.





The CEO and the Girl from the Coffee Shop by Terry Towers:
Coffee shop hostess, Beth Wilmington, is shocked when one of her customers, sexy billionaire Gabriel Reynolds, offers her a job as a live-in housekeeper. She takes the job, but fears only trouble can ensue.



Review:

Another cute read! So much lighter than the previous one, and less serious. The billionaire hires Beth to be closer to her and basically makes himself the only man in her life. XD While I was reading it, I couldn't help but think that it'd be a cute LMN movie or something.

It was entertaining, sweet and funny. It certainly got interesting when Mr. Hottie Perfect revealed his 'secret' side aka the playroom. ^.^ More brownie points! Hahaha.





Yes, Mr. Collins by Anna Antonia (writing as Charlotte deCorte):
Brilliant, yet demanding, billionaire boss Mr. Collins will stop at nothing to get his assistant Natasha Reynolds under his thumb and in his bed.




Review:



Ooo, a great quick read! Mr. Collins is super yummy in his dominance over his executive assistant. His Dom self made me a little wary, but the delivery made me more curious. ^_- Natasha is the perfectionist whom I can relate to when it comes to getting lost in my own mind after possibly making a mistake. *cringe*



I'll definitely be checking this author out!





My Rockstar Billionaire by Amy Aday:
Belle travels to an island resort and meets sexy and mysterious Ricky, who won't take no for an answer. Will she learn to trust again and learn his secrets?



Review:

It's a gal with low self-esteem who's left her cheating ex who meets a guy with eyes only for her. Aday is new to me, too, and I thought the story was pretty good. Not my favorite, as her low self-esteem hit a little too close to home from another past life and thus was a little tiring. I'm more into confident characters.

And her assumptions were kind of weird, like if she sees him talking to a hot blonde and pulling away from her advancements, Belle automatically assumes that he's just like her ex? All because he attracts women he could be with? It was illogical. I wanted to tell her he wasn't flirting or giving her any reason to get mad, she got mad on her own and left him for no reason.

But insecurity can do that to you, so it wasn't too annoying because I could relate.




Heidi and the Kaiser by Selena Kitt:
When wanna-be designer Heidi accidentally stains fashion mogul Warren Kaiser's pants, she gets two things she didn't expect--a spanking and a job.





Review:

Oh, what to say, what to say... I've only read Kitt's fantasy work, so it was interesting to read a slice of life (well, you know what I mean) with her usual sensual touch. Kaiser was another yummy Dom, but there were times when I wanted to choke him! She ends up being his assistant on a floor only the two of them work on, and everyone in the company basically knows what he does to his assistants behind closed doors.

But she likes it and feels that she has found her Dom. Poor girl finds out that someone's using her old stolen sketches from long ago as a new line for Kaiser's company, but she can't tell him because she thinks he won't believe her. One scene wasn't my taste of brandy; she gives a guy a blowjob to find out what his plans against Kaiser are because Kaiser tells her to do whatever it takes. Other that that, it was a hot, quick read with a happy ending.




Gloria's Secret by Nelle L'Amour:
Gloria Long, the world's largest retailer of lingerie, succumbs to the charms of billionaire advertising guru Jaime Zander, but her own dark secret threatens her empire, their relationship, and her life.



Review:

This was a nice novella with action in it. Jaime was hilariously aggressive and assertive. I liked that he had no shame in basically flaunting being a man-whore, lol! The mystery made things interesting and a little more... I don't know, well-rounded? There was just 'more' which added a nice change to the theme of the box set. Unlike one of the stories, Gloria actually has a reason to storm away from her billionaire and the girl smacking on him, but everything gets cleared right up! It had a nice pace, had a little more to add and was overall a fun- and pretty intense -read.




Make You Mine by Tawny Taylor:
To keep her job, Daryl Laroche must find the perfect new client for her employer and the sexy, rich and enigmatic Tevin Page fits the bill. But before he signs the contract, he issues one deliciously tempting demand...




Review:

Daryl works for a matchmaking company who is out with her friend, and it's because of her that she meets Tevin and his friend, "Andy", who's later revealed to be his brother. The guys are dressed down even though they're rich (princes, in fact!), but Daryl and her friend find them interesting enough. The rest is in the synopsis, and she falls for her client. But ooo, the prince thing? That was a huge surprise I didn't see coming! I got that Tevin was trying to find a woman who loved him as a man rather than a man with cash, but the ending was a nice twist! And he has eleven other brothers. *_* I wouldn't mind reading those books! lol

Like the other books, I found something in common with Daryl; we both tend to overanalyze things. It can be good business/school-wise, but with anything else, it's hell in the mind. Tevin was sweet but still had that exciting, domineering sexiness going on. :3 I liked this a lot.





Trapped into Marriage by Dez Burke:
Blackmailed into marriage to rich, gorgeous, Nick Vitale, Keyonna Hayes is determined to teach him a thing or two about love. Soon intrigue, heartbreak, and betrayal ensue, and the two fight to regain a love that was always destined to be theirs.

Review:

I was looking forward to this one because I love when two characters are forced to be together, only to realize that it might have been the best thing for them.
^_^
And I wasn't disappointed!!!
Keyonna is such a strong, warm woman and perfect for the cold, calculating Nick. Mark, Keyonna's boyfriend, comes back from the Navy after two years of nothing, and she tells him no when he asks to marry her, as if nothing had changed. But it did. She put more effort in their relationship than he did, and she no longer was in love with him. But Nick overhears her turning Mark down, and he assumes she is like the rest of the women who turn down good men for something better in the money compartment.

Long story short, she kisses him to get back at him about his not-so-nice comments and to prove to Mark that she'd moved on, but what she didn't plan was Nick's fiance storming in, only to storm right back out and end the wedding.
Nick needed to get married before his thirtieth birthday, and with his fiance canceling out, he needs another betrothed. And he knows just where to find her.
What started out as a blackmail to marry him soon turned into a seriously hot and promising life of lust and love, but when she catches his stepmother (who's only a few years older than him) kisses him on their wedding day only minutes after he talked big about Keyonna doing her job, she runs, and a month passes before fate tells him where she is.
But then she gets into an accident, and loses memory up until the day he proposed to her.

It's another chance for Nick, and things are going great, but then they both remember what'd caused her to run away all those weeks ago. For Nick, it's his stepmother revealing to him at his office what she'd planned at the wedding. For Keyonna, it's seeing them holding each other's arms-
(he was sorta close to strangling her :P)
-and she runs again.

Thankfully they all got it sorted out and they lived sexily ever after with 2.5 kids and a love stronger than ever. X) Like Gloria's Secret, there was more than just a bliss of sex and dominance, which again was a nice mix-up to keep everything fresh and far from redundant.
I'm definitely looking at this author, too.
Recommend!



*The Art of Catching a Greek Billionaire by Marian Tee:*
Schoolteacher Mairi Tanner is not a gold digger, she just knows what she wants her Mr. Right to be--handsome, Greek, and oh, a billionaire, too! Is that so bad?

Review:

OH MY GOD I NEED THE SECOND ONE NOW!

I totally should've seen the cliff-hanger coming- (it's Marian!) -but I was so getting ready to finish the other books that I assumed it'd be a full story like the others. T_T

Mairi is a special girl. Instead of being raised by her aunts (omg love them!) to dream of princes, she dreams of marrying Greek billionaires.

(Say she's a gold digger and I'll cut you... er, down)

It goes from her as a high school student being bullied for her dreams to eight years later, with her teaching English in a prestigious school in Greece to be noticed by Her One. She gets him, but he only sees her as a must-have. It isn't until she's thinking he's in love with her, too and he's determined to not be fooled by her 'calculating gold-digger' ways that she finds out he's betrothed and taken...

And has been for about five years now, since the girl was fifteen.
-_-
*.*
T_T

Weeks pass before they meet up again and he tells her he wants her (NEEDS her) in his life, but then when she accidentally mentions marriage, he tells her, "What did you think this was?" And then he says, "Did you think I broke up with my betrothal?" And THENNN THE FUCKER GOES,
"I wanted you in my life as my mistress."
.
.
.
OHSHITGREEKODIDNOTJUSTSAYTHAT

And that is where their relationship endsssssss (for now) in this book. :((( UgHhHhHhHHHHHHHH 
I gots to know!!! Mairi reminds me of London in that Disney series because they both go "Yay me!" Kinda cheesy but it's ridiculously adorable when it comes from Marian Tee's work. I don't know why. I think she and her refreshingly cute gals and alpha males have grown on me. :P

Damen is aggressive and knows what he wants, and he's just enough of a jerk and rich idiot to make me and my eyes sweat throughout the entire story. I liked the setting (first book to read with that kind of setting!) and I enjoyed the fast pace. It didn't linger too much on some scenes and pulled on my heart strings.
----<3----

Definite recommend and worth buying the box set for~!
(And do it NOW while it's still $0.99!)





What He Wants by Tawny Taylor:
Billionaire Shane Trant always gets what he wants. He wants Bristol Deatrich, but only complete possession of her mind and body will satisfy him.


Review:

Very short but entertaining, and boy did this hit all the right spots for me. It was almost like a teaser/last encore for the box set. Bristol meets "Uncle" Shane who was her (now deceased) mother's dearest friend from ten years ago, and there is some serious chemistry going on.

He's into dominating and shows her his playroom, which freaks her out, but her need to be his scares her even more and after some hot makeout session (and then some) she runs, only to go back to him in the end when she sees him weeks later. I loved Shane and his dominating personality.
*shudders*
Great way to end the box set!


clap gifs photo: StitchYAY Clap tumblr_inline_mr6tyyUb271qz4rgp_zpse8a15c8a.gif

 That's all, folks!
This was a great ride with ten amazing authors who can write sex and relationships very well.
:)
My favorites (if you hadn't noticed) were Marian Tee and Selena Kitt, but because of this bundle, I discovered new authors like Dez Burke, Charlotte deCorte and Tawny Taylor!
Not only is this ten-books-for-99-CENTS a great deal,
it's a wonder why anyone would hesitate to buy it!
(I mean unless you don't like hot sex or something, then I'd understand but that's not the point)

I seriously recommend this. Not only is it at a great price, it's also a chance to find other authors whose work you might not have come across, yet.
I bought this and found some new authors that I want to try out.
I would so love it if you bought this and experienced the same thing that I did!
Who doesn't like finding new authors to love?

Happy Reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment