Thursday, January 9, 2014

I Have a Twitter!

Oh! So I have a Twitter now, and seriously, I never thought I'd see the day those words ever left my (virtual) mouth. I used to hate Twitter with a passion because they were just FB statuses, but the light is shining a little different for me now.

For one thing I have the excuse that I'm mostly using it for other authors and my reviews here on Servant's Heart. But you know what? It's kind of fun. 

I like writing what's on my mind, but I also love to RT (that means retweet) stuff I find funny or interesting. I definitely like to RT things that sound like they'd be good in books. You wouldn't believe the number of theories I've found that would be so awesome for the foundation of a storyline. *~* I'm sorta hoping someone else will be inspired enough to write a brilliant book based off of them so I can enjoy it. XD That sounds super lazy but hey, it's a pretty selfless thought- the writer would be benefiting, no? ^_- So that's a surprising bonus that I found while on Twitter. If you're ever in the neighborhood, hit me up and find out if my feeds are interesting enough to follow.

Ugh- following. That's another thing. I follow people for two reasons.
  1. Their feeds are interesting
  2. I like what they generally do and want to support them

Some people follow me, and I'll follow back to give them the extra number, but then they'll unfollow me. They're adding a whole bunch of people and then unfollowing them so it looks like they have a whole bunch of followers! Hell to the No! That bugs me to no end, and if anything, it's driven me to go through my list of who I'm following just to make sure such a thing hasn't occurred again. I've come across five people like that so far.

I'm learning not to look at the number of followers, though, and have decided to only follow if their feeds are interesting. I will occasionally fall victim to the second reason listed above, but then that other crazy urge to double-check followers comes back, so it sorta evens everything out, you know?

I hope I didn't scare you away. XD If you want to check out what I've been sharing with my followers, look up era_moonchildI've recently changed my profile, and I didn't realize it until afterwards, but it's got a mermaid/sea theme to it, which is awesome cause I love mermaids.

Happy Reading =^_^=

No comments:

Post a Comment