Sunday, January 3, 2016

Sexy Night Sunday: Crimson Night

Welcome to Carnivale Diabolique - or what I affectionately like to call the circus of the damned.

My name is Pandora, and though my face might not seem familiar to you, you do know me. I'm a Nephilim. What does that mean? I'm half demon, what's my other name? Lust. I'm the dark craving that drives you mad, makes you want, makes you reckless and stupid. I'm the drug you'll do anything to get your hands on. But I'm not all bad. I fight for light, for goodness and truth. I love my job, killing vampires and werewolves, zombies, and freaks... it's what makes me happy.

But people are starting to disappear and lately I've felt a dark presence lurking around me. I think it might be a death priest, that's not good. There isn't much a demon like me fears, but I fear them. This should have been easy, me killing the fanged freaks, getting rid of my pesky priest problem, but I'm about to be betrayed by the one person I thought I could trust with my life and before the night is through I'll be covered in crimson...

-Goodreads

This is a MUST READ. Easily a book to rival the other popular ones.


Carnivale Diabolique. A circus for the damned, people cursed just for being born. The punishment? A demon in your body. For Pandora it's not all bad with Lust. Some have it worse, like demons of gluttony or greed, forever starved for human flesh or pretty little things.

The shit Pandora has to go through makes this quite an epic and unforgettable read. Not only does she take things in stride, she's also got a bitch of an attitude with a heart not as hard as she'd like to think. I love that despite a demon in her, she's learned to tolerate it- even appreciate it -and doesn't let what makes her, her, disappear. Such a fucking boss ass bitch.


Her priest isn't all that bad, either.


Another lust-first-love-later story. *fist pump* It's cool because the book sets you up with a deliciously dark circus filled with adult pleasures and nightmares all covered in gooey chocolate and sex with the chances of you dying. Last part isn't so favorable but I mean it's a risk for playing with the devils, am I right? lol.

I loved the characters in here. They were people with demons or people with religious obligations. Bad or good, it didn't matter. What did matter was that they were good people, and I loved the circus all the more for it. Pandora gained new friends and lost some-

*We shall not speak of this.*

-but all in all, it was a thrill of a read. I won't spoil it here because it's not the full review, but I so do recommend this for all fantasy lovers. The writing was amazing in sucking me in. Pandora was a woman I could easily fall for, her priest even more so, and the whole world was just fucking brilliant with their shades of grey and dirty.

A. Definite. Recommend.

Last Thought:
If you didn't catch on, there's sex in here...
and pretty much anything else I recommend on Sexy Night Sunday.

Happy Reading =^-^=

No comments:

Post a Comment