Thursday, February 18, 2016

#FILIPINOFRIDAY: Paper Planes Back Home


When Gianna wakes up on a cloud, she is disoriented yet fascinated. She thinks she's only dreaming until she gets a storm of paper planes- 

"They're thoughts of people who remember,"
a man on another cloud tells her.

-each pleading for her not to leave. The man tells her these planes are the key to get out of there, and while she thinks it's hard to believe, she decides everything is worth trying if it means finding her way back home.
-romanceclass


TIME FOR ANOTHER
#FilipinoFriday
NOVEL!

____________________________________________________________

About the Author

Tara Frejas is a cloud-walker who needs caffeine to fuel her travels. When she's not on work mode, she keeps herself busy by weaving her daydreams into stories.

Aside from her obvious love affair with words and persistent muses, Tara is very passionate about being caffeinated, musical theatre, certain genres of music, dancing, dogs, good food, and romancing Norae, her ukulele. She owns a male bunny named Max who sometimes tries to nibble on her writing notes.

Fun fact: She's a Piscean. Go figure.
Go stalk her on:
TW || FB || IG

__________________________________________________________


*****STARS: 5!*****

I cannot get over how beautiful this was. Like... whaaaaa?


So I now have a fascination with paper planes and I'll probably irritate the hell out of my household... but it's for a good cause. DID I MENTION HOW BEAUTIFUL THIS BOOK WAS???

The imagination. I have to commend and THANK the author right now for writing something with such beautiful imagination; the descriptions were so amazing! I never wanted to leave that special place Gianna and Sky found themselves in, but at the same time, I was dying (pun unintentionally intended) to know about what happened to put them there!

The story rotates between a good number of characters' POVs and although the first few pages were a little confusing with the change in scene, I quickly caught on and started to fall for this thing. Usually a lot of different POVs bore me but the way this was written made me wanting more. I liked Anna the nurse, and her ever positive attitude despite some tragic things that happened in her life. Gianna's complicated matters only lead to more heartache and I totally felt for Aaron. I won't spoil anything but I will say that he's got a lot of heart.

*a wee spoiler that won't ruin your life*
He may be the easiest and hardest character to love for me because I was saddened that he couldn't be a 'normal guy' in society and provide for her the way he wanted, but at the same time, I loved that passion about him with pursuing his dreams, and I'm pretty sure that's why Gianna fell for him. It's like, ugh, don't feel pathetic, please cause you're perfect! We both think you're perfect!
I just wanna put you in my pocket...
*end of wee not-life-changing spoiler*

Some characters didn't get a POV, but I loved how all their stories connected and the way it was revealed was set at a nice, good pace that had me gasping whenever something came up. Every character with their story told it with a voice of their own that was easy to recognize (thank God for that) and it's funny how even some of the most difficult characters couldn't rain on my parade. I was very much angered by some of the characters but I'm glad things happened the way it did because... well, they had to happen. The ending was sad for me but necessary, and it made things even sweeter when the epilogue came about.

UGH THAT EPILOGUE.


This thing was touching to me, and I really need to see this brought to life in an art exhibit, and I demand that this be made into a movie. With Anna Kendrick as the nurse cause now I've got it in my head and it just has to happen. It just has to happen...

I recommend this book because of how BEAUTIFUL this was. The author did an amazing job at capturing the things we love most in our imagination and solidifying it onto paper. As a lover of fantasy and romance, this somehow brought the two together and made a gorgeous hybrid of pain, loss, hope and friendship that went beyond the horizon of possibilities. I teared more than I should have for a book so perfectly wonderful and fragile yet unyielding, and I honestly can't imagine anyone not liking this book.

*Frankly, if they don't like this, they're cold assholes who need
to go fold a fucking paper plane.*


Last Thought:

I so wanna do 500 paper planes like G.
camera asian cute guys filipino asian boy
Hmm maybe not.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Her books are just one click away:



Before you go...

If you're new, this post (and three others) are all a part of #FilipinoFriday, a fun partake in reading books based in the Philippines by Filipino authors and reviewing them on your own blog or that of

Who is Binibini, you may ask?
Why, the lovely blogger who introduced me to such a treat! You can click on the banner at the top to check her out and find out more on where to sign up and choose the books/dates you wish to read and review.
Interested?
I know you are.
creep creeper creeping reaction smile

Happy Reading =^-^=

No comments:

Post a Comment