Monday, April 4, 2016

When I Hurt (Russian Stepbrother Romance #2)

When I get mad, I say all sorts of things, even secrets that I'm supposed to keep.

When I get frightened, I find myself lying, doing and saying anything just so I won't give him a reason to leave me.

But when I get hurt, oh when I really get hurt -

It's not because I'm crying and hurting over him.

Vassi.

The gorgeous Russian celebrity who's also my stepbrother-
And now, he's the man I've blackmailed into being my lover.

When I get hurt, it's only because I was the one who caused him pain.

I was the one who broke his heart.

I did it because I love him, and for that I don't mind if i keep getting hurt.

-Goodreads

*received an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review*

*****STARS: 4.5*****

Hell's Kitchen omg oh my god food fox

Holy shit. Like, holy shit, this is a shit ton better than the first! I didn't think it could get better, but somehow it did! The plot turned more elaborate with a new variable (grr) involved, some shit went down, and- ugh. This time, Ms. Tee gives no mercy.

It started with two of the brothers at a public event, showing face and playing the good role of what they front as a strong and solid family with their heads screwed on right. Vassi and Misha have a little heart to heart, but it's utterly frightening because Misha....  dot dot dot.....

MIGHT JUST KNOW ABOUT THEM

anime what scared confused shocked

NNOOO!!! He can't know it already, the fucking book didn't even start yet! But does he really know, or is Vassi just being paranoid? Am I wishfully thinking that he knows nothing???? Ugh. T_T Fast-forward to the first chapter, and we get the forbidden hotness that Ms. Tee just does so deliciously! Vassi and Seri are in class, okay? Class. And what happens? She gives him a fucking handjob under the desk!!!! And he comes with the lights ON!!! I won't go into detail about the rest of their fucking-hot-as-hell shenanigans, but HOLY SHIT BATMAN.

Seri's new problem just got a lot bigger, dealing with her secret being discovered and her "plan" to keep it hidden from everyone else. She and Vassi had enough problems as it was, but add on even more confusion and miscommunication, and you get a horribly heart-twisting story about a girl too stubborn to let go, and a man who will do anything to keep from getting hurt.

It started off a bit rocky for me but quickly smoothed out to something romantically thrilling, one filled with drama and horrible chest pains that just won't stop, even after the book's finished. And speaking of endings-

sad crying upset anne hathaway devastated

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD. The ending completely tore my heart out. And impressed me. And slightly made me sick. But at the same time made me think, "Dayuuum, girl!" So many emotions with this T_T The most that lingers, however, is the one of being extremely impressed because I didn't see it coming, but at the same time, it's exactly the type of thing I crave to read about! Like, how many women do you even come across playing that role?!?!? None for me so far so- BAM! BOOYAH!

Seri's seriously one of Ms. Tee's more hardcore chicks BEFORE the bad shit goes down. I like her immensely for her aggressive attitude; many of this author's women fight for the love they want, but with Seri, she's more crass than some of the others. XD Best part about her is that she's still pleasantly naive in some ways. haha


It's taboo romance filled with miscommunication (aren't they all?) that drives you to believe all will be well. With scenes to make you weep and scream in more ways than one, When I Hurt is definitely a book to check out. Definitely a book to check out...

sexy smile super junior kyuhyun evil kyu
Definitely one to check out...

Happy Reading =^-^=

No comments:

Post a Comment